Thursday, January 8, 2009

Saving my scraps (and money)

I've been working on a gift for a (nameless) friend, and now that it's pretty much done I have a bunch of scraps leftover. (I'll share pics of the gift later, after I give it!) So, I'm using some of them to add to my card stash; here are the first three I finished.

I used sketches from Jeanette Lynton's book Originals, modifying some, for all three card designs. (The book is available only through Close To My Heart consultants; contact me for more info.)

Papers and chipboard shapes are all from Basic Grey's "Sugared" line. I was using the 6x6 paper pad mostly, so the prints on these are smaller, and great for cards!

To make my plain white card bases coordinate better, I used a chocolate distressing ink pad from CTMH. Stamped sentiments are also from various CTMH stamp sets. Brads are Basic Grey, pink rhinestone is Darice, and ribbon (flower stem) is CTMH.

Cards like this are a great way to use your scraps, because you can piece together smaller bits to make a design. The background on the lower left card is actually two pieces of paper, since the center strip covers the join. Also, the red on the top card was too small to cover the entire front, so I just cut it with room for a border and inked the card base. There are tons of ways to use up your little pieces like this!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...