Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's Your Day birthday card

I made this fun birthday card using Close To My Heart's stamp of the month set for August, It's Your Day. It's a fun 8" x 3.5", perfect if you're gifting money!

I like the fun designs in this stamp set, and my favorite part is that all of the parts are separate pieces. Notice that my cake is 5 layers high, more suitable for a tall card like this. Two layers might be great for a small enclosure card, or 3 for a standard size card.

I used CTMH's Good Times papers for the card, and stamped in the matching colors. To get the nice multicolor look, I stamped on White Daisy CS, then colored in the white parts with markers. To make my life easier, the little strip covering where the two papers meet is cut from the matching MyStickease sheet, but you could easily use another paper, or some fun ribbon for texture.

My circle phrase is layered on chipboard. You can cut your own shapes from CTMH's plain white chipboard, or try one of the precut design sheets. Mine is just the plain chipboard, cut into the proper size circle with the Cricut. The multicolored look is easy again by stamping on the white CS. The green & yellow are 2 stamps that fit together, and I just used the brown to stamp on top. It's easy to stamp on top of a lighter color with a darker color like brown, with no show through. And I love that the clear stamps make it so easy to line the designs up! I added a single Sparkle to the exclamation point for bling, and the front is done.

I did just some simple sentiment stamping on the inside of the card. I added a couple of Sparkles again to tie the design in with the front of the card, and it covered up the "holes" in the design of the oval stamp. (If I was using this stamp elsewhere, I might have made it a separate layer and used brads here to attach it, but it wasn't necessary on the inside.

Lastly, just for an extra little touch, I added a stamp from the set to the back of the card. This is where I normally put my "made by" stamp, but I like it when I can coordinate with the rest of the card.











To see more ideas using this same stamp set, visit the Artwork page of my CTMH website. I have a variety of items from different consultants posted there. You can also see the actual stamp set design by clicking on the link on the front page of my website here. Any questions? Just leave a comment, or send an email through my website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...