Thursday, September 3, 2009

Christmas Cards All Year 'Round monthly challenge

One of the funnest blogs I follow is Christmas Cards All Year 'Round. Each month, you need to make 5 Christmas cards that follow the theme/challenge for that month. Now normally I'm not very quick with these, but this month was especially easy: make any 5 Christmas cards, no restrictions. I was in a crafty mood, so over the last couple of days I've actually managed to finish my 5 cards for September ALREADY!

To make it more fun, I made all 5 cards with different supplies and played around with things a bit. Here's what I came up with:

The first card has a vintage, Victorian feel. The card base is from Hobby Lobby, and all other products are from Close To My Heart.

I stamped my image with Timber Brown Staz-on on white CS, and colored in using both markers and a water brush with ink pads. Image is popped up on adhesive squares.



Supplies used for the card to the right include a card base from Hobby Lobby; CS, ribbon, ink pads & gold EP from Close To My Heart, and stamps from Club Scrap.

I went with a simple design on this one, highlighting my main image by running my pigment ink pad along the edges and heat embossing with gold EP.



To the left is another vintage style card, this one uses large chipboard corners from Daisy D's, along with CS, hemp, stamp, & ink from CTMH. Eyelets are source unknown.







To the right is a fun little card, using Bazzil CS and Making Memories pattern paper. Stamps, ink, and ribbon are CTMH, and deckle edge square punch is from McGill.








I made this final card just so I could play with certain items! Other than the star button and the Stickles on said button, all supplies are from CTMH.

The presents along the bottom are actually from a border stamp, which I stamped in the three different colors and cut apart.

On the felt tree, I embossed with white EP to make it look snowy. (Not exactly how I wanted it too turn out, but EP sticks to felt like crazy!) I also used round clear Sparkles on my tree, and sponged around the edge of the entire card for definition.

Want in on the fun? Go visit "Christmas Cards..." and challenge yourself this month!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable cards!!! I especially am loving the gingerbread one!!! Thanks for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love the vintage feel to the first one! Thanks for joining us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are wonderful, and all different, very creative, they are all so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards and I've so enjoyed your blog. Best of luck!
    "Hugs" Granny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...