Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Winner and...

Thanks to random.org, my "resolution" winner is Karen, who posted January 6, 2010 9:58 AM. Karen, please contact me with your mailing info! In the meantime, I'll be looking to see what I have that may help you with your resolution to actually USE those scrapbook supplies!

Now, for the "and": I've finally gotten the DVDs and storage shelves out of my craft room! I got some nifty goodies at Ikea to help organize what I already have, and have started putting things back in the room. I'll share the complete setup with you when it's done, but for now I wanted to share a little organizational tidbit that also looks great!

I use the Cropper Hopper vertical paper storage system for most of my papers. In the past, I've always labeled them with my handy Brother label maker, but that looks, well, boring. Thanks to another CTMH consultant (I forget who, sorry), I decided to put the current Stamp of the Month set to good use. There are different "label" looking stamps in the set, along with some sentiments about friends. I stamped the distressed looking stamp (it was the easiest to cut!) in Twilight ink on Avery sticker paper several t imes, and cut each label out leaving a thin border. I then used a small alpha stamp set to stamp my categories on the labels in Black. My stamp set is discontinued, but good current sets from CTMH are Sans Alphabet or Tiny Typewriter. Depending on how you categorize, you could use a little larger alpha as well.

Here's how mine turned out. I hope this gets you curious about how the rest of it will look when it's done!

1 comment:

  1. HI

    The vertical papers system is too good and there are many people like to use this. In the past this was always labeled with handy label marker.

    James Parker.
    Penny Auction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...