Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hey There Cupcake

I apologize for the lack of posts last week; I've been recovering from this nasty ear infection (and still can't hear out of my left ear), and once I was able to spend time on my feet I started back up with my Spring cleaning.  This means that posting is likely to be sporadic for a while as I continue to deep clean and declutter (that is, sneak things out of the house when the husband and kids are gone!) my way to a decent looking house again.

But I did need a birthday card for today, and I've been DYING to play with my new Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge, so I popped this cutie together last night.  I used the Cricut Imagine, along with both Elegant Edges and Kate's Kitchen (I cart).  This saved me from spending time hunting through my stash, as I just needed a couple of sheets of white textured cardstock.


To create my card base, I used the 5:7 rectangle from the Imagine shapes, resized it to 7" (which made it about 10" wide), and colored it with one of the patterns from the Kate's Kitchen cartridge.  Next, I sized the doily shapes from Elegant Edges at 4.5".  I colored the solid shape with the darkest blue from the KK cartridge, and the cutwork doily with a pattern from the cartridge.  I chose one of the cupcakes and sized it at 2.5", and the made with 100% love label and sized it at 1".

After printing and cutting the 2 sheets of cardstock, I assembled my card, popping the cupcake up with dimensional foam adhesive tape.  I pulled out my Lagoon ink from CTMH, and inked up the sentiment stamp from the Cupcake Sprinkles stamp set for the front of the card.  I also used the same ink color to stamp Happy Birthday on the inside of the card, from the Party Pennants stamp set.  That's it; all done!

Thanks for stopping by - I hope to have at least one more project for you some time this week, I just don't know when!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card, Lori! It looks amazing in person too :) Evil Lynn loves it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...