Friday, August 26, 2011

Upcycle with Echo Park Paper

Wow, seems like forever since I've posted a project here!  I have been busy, but can't share everything right now.  I do have a fun and easy upcycle project for you today, though.

So, you know those little 4-packs of single serve wine bottles?  I decided to turn one into a mini charging station for my kitchen island, just for my phone and camera.  I can leave the cords right in it and pop the whole thing into the cupboard if I need it out of sight, but it looks pretty when it sits out.  Here's what I did:


(Pardon the mess behind it - school has started an this is where the lunchboxes reside!)  So, using the For The Record collection from Echo Park Paper, I just cut strips of the floral paper to fit around the box.  I then cut pieces to size for the top, traced through the handle on the back side, and cut it out.  I used my Crop-a-dile Big Bite to punch the holes, then enlarged them with the lid of my Flower Soft Glue bottle!  I enjoy puns, so I used the phrase from the collection that says "It's down to the wire", and added typewriter key letters "D" and "C" (direct current, get it?).  Yes, I know, I AM a dork!  I topped all of the stickers with Liquid Glass for dimension and to protect them a little.


Here's the view of the inside.  I cut out the divider on one side so my camera would fit better.  OK, that's it for today, folks!  I promise I'll be back soon with some more projects, as well as some sneak peeks of some classes I will be teaching at Michael's during September.  Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you back again soon!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...