Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hop To It With Cricut Art Philosophy

Spring parties are tomorrow at school here and  I am once again the "treat bag mom" for my son's 1st grade class. I wanted to make something different than a bunny, so I came up with this fun frog using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.


This topper could also be used as a top-fold card.  It was pretty easy to make, but you do need to have either a Gypsy (how I made mine) or use Cricut Craft Room.  The base card is the part that requires the Gypsy. 

I used the Oval3 Card feature from page 42 of the Art Philosophy handbook, and sized it at 5.5" tall.  I wanted to make the mouth a cutout, and back-mount the red.  So, I used the Shape12 Layer feature on page 38 of the handbook, rotated it 45 degrees, and lined up one of the interior cuts over the card base for a mouth.  I then used the "hide contour" feature button on the Gypsy to hide all of the other cuts on the shape, except the one for the mouth.  I also added two circles to the mat, sized at 1.75" for the eyes.

For the mouth, I cut red CS in another oval.  I used Oval1 on page 22, and sized it at 1.85" high.  After folding the green card base, I adhered the red oval  to the inside front so it shows through the cutout.  To finish the eyes, I cut white circles at 1.25" and black circles at 1".  I stacked the layers off-center and adhered them half off the top of the card.   I adhered the entire topper to the treat bag using Scor Tape.

Take another look at all of the shapes on this cartridge - who knows what you will find in there next!  Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...