Monday, August 20, 2012

Birthday Card with Gift Card Holder - and Color Challenge

Today is week #3 of my Guest DT stint over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges.  This week is a color challenge, and I'd love if you have time to play along!  Our challenge is to use Lagoon, Pear, and Sunset in our projects. I think these are some super fun & cheery colors, so I decided to use them to make a birthday card "plus".


This is a really fun card as-is, but there is more to this than just a card...


Open it up and, ta-da! It's also a gift card holder! The card is cut with the Artiste Cricut cartridge using the Card feature on page 59 of the handbook.  You just have to adhere together the sides and bottom of that center section so the gift card doesn't slide out, and that's it.  Now you can move on to decorating it.  The interior sentiment is also on the cartridge, on page 70 of the handbook.  I used my Cricut Gypsy to select the sentiment twice, then hide one word from each one so I didn't waste paper when I cut it in two different colors.

The balloons are also cut from the Artiste cartridge, then stamped with the coordinating stamps that come in the collection.  The balloon shape is also on page 70 of the handbook, and is cut at the size indicated on the carrier sheet for the stamps.  The Pear colored balloon is popped up with foam adhesive tape.  The other two balloons have their strings stamped on, but the pear balloon has a real string of Black Hemp tied on.

The "h" and "b" are Irresistibles Eclectic Chipboard Die-Cuts colored by sponging on Sunset ink.  On either end of the Lagoon CS strip, I added a Lagoon Sparkle for bling.

Products used to make this card:

That's all for today!  I hope you find some time to play along with us at H2H this week!

Just a quick note, I managed to injure myself this weekend (lost a toenail and all!) and the first day of school is tomorrow.  So, I do plan to have posts this week, but since I don't want to injure myself further hobbling around the craft room, they will likely be projects I managed to finish over the last few weeks.  They are mostly more random scrapbook layouts, but I DO finally have that layout with the Clear Scraps embellishments finished so look for that this week!

I hope to see you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable and I love the balloons! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and the balloons from the Artiste cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so nice and I have all the tools. I make a lot to donate around Thanksgiving / Xmas. I have a hubby 1 adult son.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...