Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Decorative Storage Options

Today I posted on my "Our Clean House" blog again (finally!) - this time about storing extra supplies in the bathroom.  As usual, I didn't want plain boring storage, so I decorated mine to match the future beach-y theme of our bathroom.  You can see all of the organizing info over on that blog, but I will share the crafty goodness here.

I am using dollar store shoe boxes for some storage, and this is what a few of them look like:


 
 I wanted them pretty and The Husband wanted them labeled, so this is what I came up with.  I love a vintage look, so the tags I made (with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge) remind me of something my grandmother would have done.  I went shopping in my craft room, and I love the burlap ribbon but I wanted to add other kinds too.  First, it takes about a yard of ribbon to go around a shoe box. Second, I wanted to add some color to the mix. And third, I wanted to use up some of the ribbon I have laying around. (In fact, my goal this year is to use ribbon on as many projects as possible because I honestly have TOO much!)

The buckles I would guess are from Making Memories based on appearance, but I have had them so long I can't say for sure.  I tend to stock up on things on clearance so I'm sure I got them very cheap because I still have several left.  The silky ribbons are from the fabric store, I used some pleated American Crafts ribbon, and that lovely burlap is from Close To My Heart. The tags, as I said, were cut on the Cricut, and I distressed them with direct-to-paper Cashmere ink (CTMH). I reinforced the holes with large eyelets (another thing I need to use up!) and tied the to the ribbons with baker's twine, also from Close To My Heart. I wrote the labels with a pencil (my least favorite writing instrument!) to make them easy to change if the need arises.

I attached everything to the shoe boxes using Scor Tape.  It sticks well, but if I ever want to take it off, it will peel off fairly easily.

Thanks for stopping by today! I'd love to hear what you think of my latest project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...