Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Foxy Redux

Did you just love those cute little foxes from our Stamp of the Month blog hop the other day? I am digging on them so much, I just want to keep creating with them! My previous layout was "outdoor-sy" but you can totally go girly with them too. Check out this layout:


This one uses our sweet new Lollydoodle papers and the effect is super sweet. I used a sketch from one of the Make It From Your Heart books to design this one.


Taking the extra couple of minutes to fussy-cut some of the images really adds to the appearance. I've already received several comments on the fox's tail hanging off the paper. (Some of the images, like the heart & title plaque, can be cut with the Cricut as well.)


Here's where I cut out letters for a two-color design. I used a tiny hole punch in the center of the "O" to make it easy to start cutting it out.


Here's the title plaque - I popped it up with 3-D foam tape for more definition and separation since I used the same color cardstock as my base. I added a couple of tiny Flamingo Dots to look like fasteners.


Another area of squares. I gave them a little more dynamic look by rounding two corners on each square.


Finally, a little tip/reminder when working with bulky ribbons like this Zipper Lace (that's Washi Tape underneath). I just used 3-D foam tape to pop it up over the bulk of the zipper, preventing any damage to photos in your scrapbook.

Thanks for checking out today's project! I would love to know - what would you make with these stamps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...