Monday, October 6, 2014

Easy Seasonal Treat Bags

I've been thinking ahead to later in the month, and have started planning little treat bags for my next Woman's Club meeting. Since we skip a November meeting in favor of an early December Christmas party/meeting, I decided to do Fall instead of Halloween for this month.


This Payday mix is a hit with almost everyone, so I'm planning on filling little bags with that. I picked up little 3"x4" treat bags and 4" doilies in the cake decorating aisle at the craft store. Since the bags aren't the zipper type, I folded over and stapled the top of the treat bag.


You can barely see one of my pewter eyelets peeking out from behind the leaf here. After folding the doily and punching 1/8" holes about an inch apart in it and the treat bag, I set eyelets in the front holes. I did this for a little added stability when tying the hemp cord through it, because who wants it to rip?! (Also because I have a stash of approximately 1.5 million eyelets, so I use them whenever possible!)


The leaves are cut from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge at 6". This is because the images on this cartridge are all based on the size of the page image - standard size for the page this came from is 11".  I cut the little banner by hand and punched a small hole in the end to tie it right into the hemp bow. Oh, and of course I sponged everything with ink because it looks cool. The stamp is an old CTMH stamp, but of course you can use any you choose or even print them from the computer.

I like how this turned out so well, I think I will make some extra (non-peanut!) treats to drop off for my kids' teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...