Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Masked Scrapbooker Saves the Day!

I'm not talking about a superhero, but rather a super ink technique! Masking tape backgrounds have become super popular in the cardmaking world, but why not use the technique in our scrapbooks too?


I used 2" wide painters tape and simply inked it up on a stamp pad, then lightly adhered it to my white cardstock. After peeling it off, the ink is transferred. Use a new strip of tape for each color, and you have a neat striped design. You could use different widths of masking tape, and cover more or less of your background. 


I love the graffiti style this gives to the background! Adding the doodle-y pattern paper and the casual title font is the perfect touch. I even allowed myself to get sloppy in my stamping, letting the black ink stay on the edges of my stamping blocks and transfer to the paper in places. The only thing I would change after looking at it some more is adding black ink to the edges of that pattern paper. Good thing there's Un-Do!

Want to see some more ink technique ideas?  I have the answers on my Ask CS Answers page! All of the products used here are from Close To My Heart, although some items are no longer available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...