Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Life is Wonderful! - July SOTM Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the Stamp of the Month blog hop for July! This month's stamp set is Life is Wonderful, a set of 8 stamps that would be totally at home on a card, a scrapbook page, or home decor. If you've arrived here from Krista Hershberger's blog, or if you're just starting out, you're in the right place! We'll continue around the circle until you get back where you started.

I particularly love the look of the chalkboard technique with these stamps, so I chose to use that on a scrapbook page. I used a sketch from the Reflections book for my design.


While you can certainly create a chalkboard look with other ink colors, I love the simplicity of the white. It also looks particularly striking on the black cardstock when used in a monochromatic project like this. I added two Cricut cuts from the Artbooking cartridge, and stamped a border using the arrow stamp and Topiary ink.


I used a masking technique to leave a gap in the frame, rather than have it stamp through the "wonderful" image.

Remember, you can get your set of stamps for only $5 with a $50 order. If you'd like to shop for any of the products I used, the photo links below open in a new window. When you're ready to move along, we'll go see what project Nancy Womersly has for us this month.

Products used:

July SOTM
Blossom Paper Pack
Cardstock in Topiary, Sweet Leaf, & Black
Paper Fundamentals Basics Assortment
Stamp Pads in Topiary and Sweet Leaf
White Daisy Pigment Stamp Pad
Cricut Artbooking Collection
Round Sponge

8 comments:

  1. Love the way you used a mask to allow the wonderful to extend beyond the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see fundamentals in use :) Great layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture and great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Love how you did the arrows around the outside of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Lori! I sometimes forget to document the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout & I love how you masked the "wonderful" into the frame....brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout. Perfect with that photo. I love your color selection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...