Monday, May 2, 2011

New Design Team! And a Winner!

I'm happy to announce that I am a new DT member for the Scrappy Frog's Challenge Blog! This is a fun little challenge blog with prizes, so be sure to check it out and become a follower.  Most challenges are things you are probably going to do anyway, so it's a great opportunity to share your creations and maybe win a prize.

The challenge for May1 is Anything Goes (yay!) - the perfect challenge for me to jump in with.  I decided to share a layout I created recently using a sketch pattern.  As usual, my journaling is not in place yet, but it will go over the blue striped area on the far left.


I can't believe I made a layout with NO embellishments!  I only used paper.  I just didn't want to overwhelm the pictures and that cute paper, so I kept it simple.  The sketch design for this layout came from the Cherish book by Jeanette Lynton. The nice thing about this type of sketch is that she includes measurements if you want to follow along exactly, as I did here. OR, you can change things  up, like make the circles stars or hearts, change the sizes of things to fit your pictures, etc.  It just takes a little more work on your part!

My title and circles were all cut with the Cricut, except the animal circles.  I wanted to "fussy cut" them so I had an entire animal in each one, so I took the additional time and used a 2" circle punch.  My paper happens to be discontinued, but there are a lot of similar styles out there if you're looking for something like it.

I would like to point out that the baby in these pictures is now 6 years old.  Because I have SO many pictures to scrap, I live by my sketches!  They really speed things up considerably.  If you're looking for some awesome sketch books, my 2 favorite series are those from Jeanette Lynton (Close To My Heart) and the books from Scrapbook Generation (check out their books & free sketches at Sketch Support and let Allison know I sent you!).

Those of you looking for the blog candy winner from my Royal Wedding post are in luck!  I've had random.org choose a number, and the winner is Debican!  Debi, you have 48 hours to contact me, or I will have to pick an alternate winner - I'm off to try and contact you now.  Thanks for playing everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic post and the layout is of course, precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout for just using paper. And of course the main attraction on your layout is oh so precious.
    Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the blog candy. I love this LO. Sometimes it's better not to over do with too much embelishment.
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...