Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Lucy" Sneak Peek for Mojo Monday and CR84FN

We all know that the retail craft manufacturers are getting ready for CHA and publishing sneaks of new products on their blogs and websites.  Since Close To My Heart isn't a retail manufacturer, they don't show at CHA, so I thought I would use some soon-to-be-released products for the current Mojo Monday challenge (224) and CR84FN color challenge (46).  You can play along with both of these challenges too; just head over to their sites and check out the rules!

As soon as I saw CR84FN46 color challenge, I said "Hey, Lucy would be perfect for that!"  So this morning I pulled out some goodies and made a card using this week's Mojo Monday 224 sketch.  You can see the color inspiration and the sketch to the right.  Lucy, and the other new products I used, will be available beginning February 1, and you can shop right on my website.  If you prefer a more personal touch, or need a paper catalog, just drop me an email with your phone number and the best time to call.

Here's what I ended up with this week:

I love the soft colors and feminine details in this collection!  Great for weddings, birthdays, baby girls, and more.  I went with a birthday card, since I seem to need those a lot, using the word and flower stamps from the new Card Word Puzzle stamp set.  I cut the flowers out by hand, sponged on some additional Blush ink, added Licorice Opaque Pearls and new Bitty Pearls to the centers.  Then I finger curled the flower petals before attaching them to the card.

Isn't that doily beautiful?  That was cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, exclusive to Close To My Heart.  Look how fabulously it cut all those little details!  I LOVE this cartridge more every time I use it.

Here's a little detail shot of the doily and flowers so you can see the finished piece better.  I used 3-D foam adhesive to pop the doily up above the ribbon, and the center flower above the other two.

All products except ribbon are from Close To My Heart.  The pink velvet ribbon is American Crafts and the ivory ribbon is from my stash.

Want to see some more?  Here's a little preview of more projects created by the Close To My Heart art department:

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lori! Those pretty blossoms look wonderful layered on top of the gorgeous doily! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your other projects are beautiful as well :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty, delicate card - love the doily - just fab!! The name banner is darling! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...