Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pizza Time with A Boy's Life from Echo Park Paper

I was lucky enough to be a winner of Echo Park Paper's holiday card contest and got to choose a collection of my choice.  Of course I HAD to have the new A Boy's Life collection!  I finally got to put some to use this weekend and I am IN LOVE!  I just know I am going to need more of this paper once it's in my favorite store... Here's the first layout I finished with it:


There are so many great patterns to mix & match in here!  They were perfect for this simple sketch from one of the Sketches for Scrapbooking books from Scrapbook Generations, and the colors were super easy to coordinate with cardstock and markers from Close To My Heart.


I cut stars from an additional pattern as well as Sunset cardstock using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge from CTMH, and combined them with several star stickers from the collection for a fun embellishment group.  I also added some faux stitching to my pattern squares using my CTMH ruler and piercing tool, plus some markers in Sunset and Outdoor Denim, and a white Uniball Signo gel pen.


And I layered the cardstock and pattern paper using the same cuts for a couple of the stars.  Popping some up on the 3-D foam adhesive is a great way to add even more dimension.  I also distressed the edges of the pattern squares for added dimension and a more boyish look.


I finished it all off with a simple title using the alpha stickers in the collection and some more Sunset cardstock - SO easy!

Here's a list of supplies I used in this layout.

Echo Park Paper:
          A Boy's Life collection kit

Close To My Heart:
  • Cardstock and Markers in Outdoor Denim, and Sunset, and White Daisy cardstock
  • Art Philosophy, exclusive Cricut cartridge
  • ruler
  • piercing tool
  • Versamat
  • 3-D foam adhesive
  • edge distresser
Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...