Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Multi-purpose Stamps (Mystery Blog Candy)

Do you ever think of buying a set of holiday-specific stamps, then wondering what you would ever use them for? Being a CTMH consultant, I have more than my fair share of holiday stamps, and of course this month's Stamp of the Month is an Easter set. Now, let me tell you, I like Easter, but I don't send cards for it and I already had an Easter egg stamp set for scrapbooking.

However, I found the current set to be very versatile, simply due to the variety of designs included on the eggs. I've even seen these stamps used to make allover texture designs on cardstock. There are 18 patterned eggs and one solid egg, plus a little poem, included in this set, so I could use it for many different styles or feels.

A few ideas for egg stamps include using one end to make scallops, using the pattern to stamp on chipboard letters or small shapes, or punching a small shape from the stamped image. But my hands-down favorite technique for egg stamps is making flowers. Check out this cool card I made using one of the designs in this current set, and a scalloped card template from Jeanette Lynton's Originals book. I simply stamped 5 separate images, cut them out, and adhered them in a circle on another piece of cardstock. I then cut around the whole flower s hape, leaving a small border. I freehand cut the stem, and used circle punches for the flower center and leaves. I sponged on some ink for shading, glued it all down, and stuck a circle Window Charm in the flower center - voila! I also sanded the edges of the scalloped flap, and textured the Juniper green cardstock by scoring it in my paper trimmer and sanding the raised edges.

Do you have alternate ideas for any of your holiday stamps collecting dust at your house? Use your holiday stamp(s) for something other than the holiday for which it was intended. Send me a description of what you did, along with a picture of what you made. I'll randomly choose a winner of a little something from all ideas received by 2/28/09. Just post a link here in a comment so we can all see your creation!

3 comments:

  1. Hi...I'm new and I loved your idea of thinking out of the box with holiday stamps. I am looking at my stash in a whole new light. Here is a card I made with that in mind. Thanks for the inspiration.

    http://www.fiskateers.com/community/photo/36575/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is lovely - really like the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...