Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just Because...

Are you an avid cardmaker? Or maybe a scrapbooker who avoids making cards like the plague? In either case, I think you will love this, "just because"...

I finally tried my hand at one of the card workshops in Close To My Heart's Wishes card confidence program book. This particular workshop, "just because", uses only 2 pieces of patterned paper, 4 sheets of CS (in 3 colors), and 20 notecard size (4.25" x 5.5") card bases. Embellishments are your choice. I chose to use papers from the Veranda paper pack from CTMH, along with the A Tweet stamp set (only $7.95!!), 4 colors of stamp pads, Cocoa grosgrain ribbon, Copper brads, and clear Sparkles.

The workshop makes 20 cards, 2 each of ten designs, so I only took a picture of ten. Following is my favorite card in the set.
I have to say that the stamp set really makes this card shine. In the past, I might have been intimidated by such a large area to stamp in. But this set makes it so easy to make a little "scene" on the panel. And the clear stamps make it so easy to make that bird multi-colored! I stamped the entire image in Creme Brulee, then inked up just the top of the bird in Juniper and stamped again, then inked up just the bottom of the bird with Cocoa and stamped again. And since the image is so basic, it's very forgiving. If your stamping is slightly off due to glare, etc., it's not noticable. The eye is added with a Cocoa marker.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely results from your Wishes pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!! I just love that "Wishes" book. It has helped me to create a huge stash of extra cards (40+). I think I might even have that little bird set. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...