Thursday, March 11, 2010

Recipe page - 6x6

I realized today that it's been far too long since I've posted! I have a few too many things going on right now to make something new that I can show to the "general public", but I thought I'd share this fun recipe layout I did a while back.

The Design
This page is actually 7x6, because it was being bound into a book, but the design is 6x6 and if I were putting this in my album with protectors it would be cut down to 6x6. Unfortunately, the pattern paper is no longer available, but a similar look can be achieved with any "non-Christmas-y" Christmas papers. In fact, THESE are pretty similar.

I used my Cricut and the Happily Ever After cartridge to make the border design and the apple on the recipe card. (They're part of the Snow White section.) The Friendship Alphabet Small stamps, cardstocks, large brads, ribbon, and sparkles (flower centers) are from Close To My Heart. I used a Quickie Glue Pen to assemble the die-cut layers.

The Recipe
This is one of my favorite recipes; I barely even need to look at it anymore! It's an "old neighbor lady" recipe: Mrs. Bohm is no relation, and I don't even remember her. But her recipe will live on in my scrapbook forever; in fact, I think I need to make a companion page about the origin of this recipe. We actually call it "Mrs. Bohm's Apple Crunch", not just Apple Crunch. At any rate, as long as you're not one of those people who needs exactness in your recipes, you'll likely never return to plain old apple crisp again. Here's the actual recipe, the way I have it copied down:

(Oh, and I 1 1/2 times this for a 9x13 pan - you double the topping, which is excellent!)

Peel and slice apples into a buttered 9x9 pan. Cover with about 3/4 C. sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon to taste. Also dots of butter. (I use about 1/4 cup.)
Then mix:
1 C. flour
1 C. sugar
1 egg
3/4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Pour over apples and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. Great page Lori, and apple crunch sounds delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...