Friday, March 19, 2010

Just Cardstock? You Bet!

Here's one of the first Disney layouts I completed way back when. I thought I would share today how you can make a fun & interesting layout with NO patterned paper. What prompted this was the color scheme I wanted to use for these Daisy Duck pictures. I didn't have any patterned paper in this color combo, but I had plenty of cardstock along with stamps and ink. For most layouts, I probably wouldn't have used all of these techniques together, but for meeting a Disney character it was perfect!


For the striped paper, I just cut strips of my colored cardstock in various widths, ran it through my Xyron, and adhered it to a sheet of white CS. For the circle pattern, I did the same thing with random sized punched circles. For the tone on tone papers, I just chose a fun stamp for each pattern and ink that matched my CS. I cut the "autograph" and title using my Cricut and the Mickey and Friends cartridge. I added various paper flowers, buttons, brads, and adhesive rhinestone flowers for accents, and I was done.

This layout went together very quickly. It may take you a while the first time you use one of these techniques to make your own patterns, but you will quickly get the hang of it. It's a great way to use the colors you want when they just don't match anything already in your stash. Plus it's a great way to use your scraps. I had this done in WAY less than the time it would have taken to go to the nearest store, and I saved whatever money I would have spent while I was there!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Awesome cardstock only layout, I never would have guessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...