Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another Design Team (Fail)

I'm pretty busy this week and not getting much done, so I thought I'd share a recent Design Team submission.  I didn't make it, but I'm sure the contenders were all awesome!  I love the sketchbooks from Scrapbook Generation publishing, and Allison is starting a new blog devoted just to sketches.  That's why they were hunting for a design team.

So, let me share my interpretations of the sketches. (You can visit www.sketchsupport.com for the actual sketches, plus many more.)  First up is a card.  This was a fun sketch, and the best part is you can change Allison's design element shapes to any shape you want.  I changed mine to stars and made a card suitable for graduation or some other accomplishment.

I used recycled plastic packaging over the blue stars, gold DMC floss, iron-on stars adhered with my I-rock heat tool, and various star shapes.  The stars were a combination of punch-outs, chipboard elements, stamped & hand cut, and Cricut cuts.  The green stars are popped up on foam adhesive.  All cardstock, chipboard, stamps, and ink from Close To My Heart.

Next is a single page layout sketch.  I don't do single page layouts much, so I chose to make a title page layout for some Sea World pages.  (This was actually my least favorite item for this call.  I definitely wasn't "feeling it" on this one.)

I used some of my favorite Heidi Grace papers here from the Under the Sea line.  I really hope I'm "over" this line by the time I run out of my stash, because I can't find much from this line left anywhere anymore!

Title was cut with my Cricut.  Bubbles were cut with my Cricut from plastic packaging and highlighted with some paint.  I used the same paint to edge my photos for some definition.  I added some bling with additional smaller "bubbles", I-rock gems in crystal.  Cardstock & ink from Close To My Heart.

Finally, a two-page layout, my favorite way to work!  This was a fun sketch, and while I don't usually do strip journalling I really liked the effect here.  I really enjoyed making this layout, and finally scrapping those pics from my brother's 50th birthday a couple of years ago.

It's not often I get to scrap "adult" pictures anymore, so it was great to know I can still rock a grown-up theme.

Papers are all discontinued Close To My Heart, and all page elements were cut with my Cricut and popped up on foam adhesive (except "the big" is flat on the page).  The gold circles in the party hat pom poms are more iron-ons adhered with my I-rock, man I LOVE that tool!  The self-adhesive pearls on the ends of the striped paper are from Close To My Heart in Mocha.

I currently have one more DT submission out.  I didn't see anything about not sharing things before their decision, so I will likely post those for tomorrow.  It's all Imaginisce goodness, which means you're gonna love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...