Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #9 - Black Friday Challenge

For Black Friday, the Circle team has issued a special weekly challenge theme.  Here’s what we want you to do this week . . . Include the color black in your project AND recycle or repurpose something.
Project must be newly created for this challenge and must include atleast 2 different cuts from any Cricut cartridge to qualify. This challenge is open to Cricut Circle Members only.

This one was pretty easy for me.  I love to use black in my projects, and I LOVE to recycle the plastic packaging from my Cricut carts & other items.  This week, I decided to make a New Year's themed card.  And I've decided I really need to buy another cartridge or two so I can have the exact elements I wanted to use for this card, but didn't have!


I created a 4.25" x 5.5" card, using textured black CS as my card base.  Next, I cut a 3.75" x 5" piece of plastic packaging, then embossed it using a Cuttlebug Stars embossing folder.  I painted the back side using some Create-A-Shade pearl paint from CTMH, and added metallic gold stamping ink to the front using a direct-to-paper technique.  Once dry, I adhered the panel to my card front.  The top hat is cut at 6" from American Crafts Glitter Cardstock, using the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.  I cut it once from black, then started cutting a second one from white.  I stopped it once it had made the hatband cuts and completed the cut by hand.  Happy New Year is cut from foil paper from my stash, using the Wild Card cartridge at about 1" real size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...