Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bird Song Card - Mojo Monday 261

Here's my last-minute entry for Mojo Monday 261, which I'm also sharing over at the Cutters Creek blog.  Super cute sketch this week:




I changed up the sketch a little, by making the circle into a fan shape and removing the vertical strip/ribbon.

I used the Graphic 45 Bird Song paper pad in the 8x8 size for this card.  I don't normally buy the smaller paper pads much, but I just HAD to have these pretty papers and I knew I would only use it for cards, making the smaller pattern sizes perfect.

I cut the fan shape, greenery, and all of the flowers using my Cricut and the Pagoda cartridge.  The circles are also cut using the Cricut; I used the Center Point feature to cut the circle around the portion of the geisha image I wanted.  I outlined everything using a gold leafing pen, and embellished with brads and ribbon from my stash.  Everything is adhered using ATG tape and the Kool Tak clear foam adhesive pads.  Finally, I used my Copic Spica pens to glitter up lots of stuff!  I used the red on the designs on the fan, clear to outline the flowers on the background paper, and both colors on my focal image.  It's very difficult to get the glitter to show up in photos, but this one shows it the best:

I used clear on the white portion of the kimono nearest her neck, then red along the next strip.  I even used clear on the pink flowers in the image.

I hope you enjoyed today's card!  I'd love to hear your comments on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...