Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I Think I'll Go For a Walk Outside Now...

"... the summer sun's callin' my name..."  The cold nasty weather today has me wishing for warmer times, so I thought I would share this warm-weather layout with you.


These pictures are from a LONG time ago, so it was high time they got on a cute layout.  I used a discontinued paper pack from Close To My Heart on this layout.  Even though it was a patriotic theme, the colors fit perfectly, so I worked with it.  I used a sketch from Scrapbook Generation for this layout, and it showed a large circle shape on the background.  To work the circle into my theme more, I opted to use my Cricut to cut out this flower cluster doily shape for my version.


A lot of the sketches from SG show clusters of embellishment groups - this is a great way to carry your theme through your layout when you're using only smaller bits of pattern paper.  To play up the girly factor, I went with flowers - in these bright primary colors, they just shout "Summer!" to me.  I pulled out the main colors from my photos & papers and pulled out flowers and brads & snaps in different materials.  The mix of materials adds even more interest to the layout, so the flowers are a mix of paper, felt, and crochet thread.  And the centers are a mix of basic metal, glitter, and sparkle.

I hope you like today's project!  I'd love to hear your comments.  I have two more coming up quickly, so be sure to stop back and check them out.  As a reminder, today is the last day to enter my giveaway on Facebook - be sure to hop over and enter! Thanks for stopping by.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...