Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Movie Night! (and I have a WINNER!)

So, who likes movie night?  With 3 kids, we have movie night at our house a lot, so I thought it would be fun to make something to make it feel more like an EVENT.  But before I get into that, I want to announce my winner from the Creations by AR September blog hop!  

La Miscelanea said...
So cute !!! I like the papers used for this project

Please contact Adela ASAP to collect your prize!  Be sure to let her know if you want the Party Train template or the Frame It Train Card.

Now, on with the show!

 

This cool centerpiece serves multiple purposes.  1)The movie chooser can use the chalkboard marquee to announce the movie title.  2)It dresses up the table where we can place snacks, etc. 3)Everything is attached to bamboo skewers (points removed - trust me, at my house it's safer that way!) stuck into floral foam inside the popcorn box, so stuff can be used for photo props if we decide to really get goofy.

I had a ton of fun making this little project, and it was made even easier because everything except one little piece was cut using items found on page 67 of the Cricut Artiste booklet!  (The "showing" banner is from page 35.)  So, everything was cut with the "m" button on the keyboard, just using different features.  To be honest, I didn't keep track of all the sizes I cut everything at because I was having so much fun, but the popcorn box was cut at the largest possible size to fit on a 12x12 mat.  You can play around with sizes and change things up however you like.

Here are the products I used to make this:
Hope you enjoyed this little idea.  I'd love to hear your comments on it before you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...