Thursday, October 25, 2012

Clear Embellishment Tips

I was working on a layout last week with some clear embellishments, and I suddenly realized that I never shared that earlier layout I promised!  So since I now have two layouts where I used the embellishments differently, I thought I would share them both today.

First, the original layout, where I cut my own shapes from a sheet of Clear Scraps acrylic.


For this layout, I cut the same shapes out of both the clear acrylic and some pattern paper.  


I backed the clear shapes with the pattern paper, then added designs with Stickles to the front.  You could also offset the paper from the clear shapes for a slightly different look.  I paired mine up with another snowflake shape I cut from some Magic Mesh I found in my stash (who remembers Magic Mesh?! Do they still make that stuff?!). The papers are from the discontinued Wonderland collection from CTMH.

The layout I just finished uses some clear shapes I had in a set from Fancy Pants.  I chose to use them "naked", although since they had a hole in them I did tie some twine through them.


You can see the clear stars better in the closeups:



It's easier to see the "naked" shapes when they are clustered in a group of similar shapes and/or layered with similar shapes.  You can see I layered a small clear shape on top of the larger yellow star.  Then the large clear star has a smaller felt star layered on it.  I even was able to pop it up using a Clear Foam Adhesive from ASI Kool Tak - it's like foam squares, but they're clear.  Pattern papers and letter stickers are from the A Boy's Life collection from Echo Park Paper. Cardstock, felt, and chipboard are from my stash.

I hope I've given you a couple of ideas for using your clear embellishments. I'd love to see what YOU make with clear embellishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...