This week I decided to combine two of my favorite challenges into one card. So, I'm using Kazan's sketch 25 from 2Sketches4You, and the Color Chef Challenge #4 over at KJ's Stamp Pad.
The colors for this week's color challenge are Baby Pink, Bubblegum, Watermelon, Black, and White Daisy. (Feel free to substitute if you don't have the exact shades of pink.) This week's sketch really inspired me with a theme. I love stars, especially for boys, but since the color challenge was all pinks I decided to see what I could do with it!
I made my card 6" x 6", and used only cardstock;
all of that patterned paper is stamped. I used a 6" x 12" piece of Watermelon textured CS for the card base, with the lighter tone on the inside of the card. I cut my White Daisy CS 5 3/4" square and used a Stampin' Up! jumbo wheel, Classic Stars, with Black ink. This was mounted directly to the card base.
Next I cut a 4 1/2" square of Baby Pink, and a 4 3/4" square of black. Using the circle of stars stamp from Circle Around (CTMH) and White Daisy pigment ink, I heat embossed the circles of stars first. Then I stamped the larger star from Circle Around in Bubblegum ink. The other two star images are from Good Times (CTMH), and are stamped in Watermelon and Black. I used the SU! Tag Corner punch on one corner then mounted it to the Black CS. I inserted a silver star brad in the open corner.
The smaller star is a Dimensional Element and die cut from CTMH, layered slightly off center. I cut the larger star from both chip board and Bubblegum CS using my Cricut with the George and Basic Shapes cartridge. I also cut the outer star only from acetate using the Cricut. Using Staz-On Jet Black, I stamped "Hooray" from the Good Times stamp set on the acetate. I then sandwiched the acetate between the CS and chip board, using Liquid Glass (CTMH) for adhesive.
I used dimensional foam strip adhesive to pop up the large star from the base, and added the smaller star on top.
I must say, this card looks much better in person than in the picture. The shadows cast by the ink on the acetate and the popped-up star make some great dimensional effects!