Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Dad" Word Weld file for Cricut


I created a fun word weld file in Cricut Design Studio for a Father's Day swap I'm in over on Down Paper Lane (a yahoo group). Since it took me a considerable amount of time to create I thought I would share it here, just in time for Father's Day projects.

The actual CUT file is the chocolate brown portion of this handsome border I made. Cricut cartridges required for this are Plantin Schoolbook, Storybook, Hello Kitty Font, Calligraphy Collection, and Mickey Font.

If you want to make the complete border, here's how I did it. I used all Close To My Heart supplies, and a sewing machine. I first cut the file from CDS in Chocolate cardstock, and pounced it allover with Chocolate ink using a finger tip sponge dauber. I cut a strip of Bamboo CS to fit the Cricut cut and sponged the edges with the chocolate ink. I ran the cut through my Xyron, and ran an embossing stylus around all the cuts to prevent adhesive strings. Then I adhered the cut to the Bamboo CS. TIP: Go slowly! With that much adhesive, it won't be easy to reposition if you mess up!

I next cut a strip of Crystal Blue CS the same length, but about 7/8" wider than the Bamboo. I sponged one long edge with the Chocolate ink and adhered the Bamboo piece to the opposite edge. Next I tore a strip of striped paper from the Caprice paper pack a little less than 3/4" wide (I used a Plaid brand tearing ruler.) and sponged the torn edge as well as both ends. I adhered the strip to the Crystal Blue, edge touching the Bamboo. I ruffled the torn edge with my fingers and sewed along each side of the strip with brown thread. Lastly, I added a pewter nailhead (discontinued CTMH) to each end of the strip.

Now, if you're ready to download the file for your personal use, here's the link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/109901452/5dc5fa98/dad_weld.html

4 comments:

  1. Really cute! Thanks for the file!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your work.... it's awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Family/Mom/Dad/Daughter/Grandma,Grandpa,etc... Theme post on Jun. 05, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. misscent (at) gmail (dot) comSeptember 21, 2010 at 2:07 PM

    Is this file still available?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...