Saturday, August 15, 2009

Recessed Window Card

After reading this week's Weekly Inkling from Split Coast Stampers, I just had to try the Recessed Window technique with a "new" stamp set I've been wanting to play with ever since it came. I'm super happy with how this card turned out, especially after all of the attempts to make my dandelion "fuzzy". I think this one finally got it right!

Using the Recessed Window turorial from Split Coast Stampers, I created a 6x6 card in Sweet Leaf cardstock. (Note: all products used in making this card will be available on September 1st, on my website.)

After creating the recessed window, I cut my pattern papers for the front and inside of the card. The paper I used is a B&T Duos paper from the new CTMH paper pack Twitterpated. The multicolor pattern is on one side, and the blue tone-on-tone pattern is on the other.

I stamped my main image using White Daisy pigment ink and embossing with white EP. I stamped the stem using Sweet Leaf dye-based ink. After embossing, I used a two-way glue on the centers of each "puff" on the dandelion and pressed on some white Fun Flock (by Stampendous). Note that when using two-way glue, you'll only want to do a few at a time so you press the Fun Flock in while the glue is still blue.

After stamping the main image square, I added my Tombow adhesive to the recessed area, and slid in my image. Next, I stamped the "Make a wish" sentiment at the top of the patterned paper frame using Chocolate ink. I also sponged all edges of both the frame, and the remaining center (used on the inside of the card) with the Chocolate ink. For embellishment I knotted a sheer satin-edged ribbon at the bottom, and added 3 self-adhesive pearls. (The pearls are the Autumn/Winter Connections Club reward.)

On the inside of the card I again sponged all edges with Chocolate ink. I adhered my patterned paper to cover the back of the recessed window, and I stamped and embossed a few dandelion "puffs" on the inside as well. I stamped my sentiment in Sweet Leaf on Coloial White CS, sponged the edges with Chocolate, and adhered to the center top of the card.

Not shown, I also stamped a single "puff" on the card back where I like to sign my cards.

I hope you enjoyed this little preview of things to come in September with the new catalog. This stamp set is available in September only, so don't wait! I'll be hosting an Open House and informal crop on Sunday August 30th. For more information, sign up for my email newsletter. All information will be in the next newsletter, going out within the next few days (or upon receiving your signup request).

2 comments:

  1. Lori, very pretty card. I can't wait to get the new papers. Next month. Already spent too much this month. On your card did you score the top of the card once? I scored my card twice thinking it would close better and probably would have worked if I had scored it 1/4 instead of 1/8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. That image looks great embossed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...