Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thinking of You card - sketch challenge entry

I recently found out that an older friend is having some health problems and I want to send her a card to let her know I'm thinking of her daily. I knew the exact images I wanted to use, and remembered a great sketch I saw over at Rubber Stamp Chat for the monthly contest. This is what I came up with, and I thought it turned out beautifully.


Patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Lilykate collection. Glossy white CS is from Stampin' Up! Textured CS, Edge Anchor, dimensional adhesive, and all stamps are from Close To My Heart. Circle and scalloped circle were cut with the Cricut using the Plantin Schoolbook and Celebrations cartridges. I used the brayering technique on the glossy CS with a Kaleidacolor Baby Powder stamp pad, and embossed the butterflies with black embossing powder. I bent up the wings on both butterflies, and popped the right one up on dimensional adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...