Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge 3

It's week 3 of the new Heart 2 Heart challenge blog, and this week's challenge is a card sketch challenge. It took me a couple of days to decide what to do with this sketch. I've really been trying to use up my scraps lately, instead of "saving" them for later. When there are only small pieces left I tend to forget about them if I don't use them right away, so I've been trying to use up my Miracle kit leftovers this week.

With this card, I've finally used up the last of the Irresistible chipboard shapes and MyStickease (except for a scrap probably too small to use). And there are still plenty of paper pieces and brads left from the kit, so I'll probably be finishing up a few more cards with it this week. Once I get it all used up, I'll post a picture showing everything I made from it (as well as a reminder of the few extra things I used along the way).

I wanted to use a lot of blue in this card, so I added 3 colors of CS to my leftovers. I made a 5"x7" card base using Twilight CS, then a 4 3/4"x6 3/4" panel of textured Crystal Blue CS from a scrap. I then cut a 3 1/2" circle from textured Sweet Leaf CS using my Cricut and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. (TIP: I leave this cartridge in my Jukebox in the "default" spot because I use it so often for these basic shapes.) I then cut two 1/2" x 5" strips from the striped paper, and a 3 1/4" circle from the floral paper.

I sponged the edges of the Crystal Blue CS and floral paper with Twilight ink and the Sweet Leaf CS & Irresistibles leaves with Olive ink. I stamped "Mom" using Believe Caps and Believe Lowercase in Twilight. I assembled the paper layers using my Tombow Monoadhesive. I sponged the smaller of two identical flowers in Twilight, then stacked them with a Sweet Leaf corduroy brad. I adhered all of the Just Blooms flowers, chipboard, and gems (source unknown) using Liquid Glass adhesive. I cut a small piece of dimensional foam adhesive and stuck it to the back of the MyStickease butterfly, then powdered the rest of the back to remove the stickiness. I then sponged the edges with Twilight, folded up the wings, and adhered it to the card.

This will make a great Mother's Day or birthday card. (My mom's birthday is also in early May.)

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, your mom will love it.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and I am so pleased to see a great use of scraps...I get overwhelmed with them sometimes and just chuck them out. I will be sure to refer to your blog in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, great use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!! I love your take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, love the miracle papers. You did a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! I just used up the rest of my Miracle Kit...now...going to have to get another to make this card for Mom! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deserves another comment! Beautiful card, congrats on the Friday Five!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...