Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Custom Advent Calendar

As usual, I am running a little behind on my holiday crafting!  I used to always buy filled advent calendars for my kids, but apparently I have taught them well and they all hate the cheap chocolate that they are filled with.  So, this year I decided to make my own, but needed something quick thanks to my "last-minute-itis".

Lucky for me, SVG Cuts came to the rescue!  They have a super cute SVG set for a fillable advent calendar, and it only took a few hours to put together.  (Which is great for me, because I have two more to make before tomorrow afternoon!)  I just imported the files into my Make The Cut software, and cut them out with my cutting machine - it was super quick, and it was easy to put together following the picture and the numbers on the interior boxes.


I love all the different little details on the doors!  For some added interest, I used glitter cardstock for one of my papers, and I embossed some of the pieces using Cuttlebug embossing folders.  Here are some closeups of a couple of the doors:


Supplies used to make this version:
  • Classic Christmas Advent Calendar SVG Kit from SVG Cuts
  • Make The Cut software
  • Wonderland paper pack and cardstock from Close To My Heart
  • American Crafts glitter cardstock
  • Scor Tape, 1/8"
  • Beacon 3-in-1 adhesive
  • Cuttlebug embossing folders, snowflake and swiss dots

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...