Saturday, April 21, 2012

Numeral Card with Cricut

If you couldn't tell, we were on extended vacation for our kids' Spring break.  Sorry I'm not all organized like those bloggers who schedule posts while they're gone!  Anyhoo, it was my turn at the Cutters Creek blog yesterday and just realized I forgot to share it here too.

So, a cute little girl I know just had her third birthday.  Since we've been out of town, I wanted to make something quick & simple that wouldn't take much brain power on my part!  And of course it had to be girly & cute too.

I pulled out my Cricut Gypsy and got to work (you could also use Cricut Craft Room).  I chose the Hello Kitty Font cartridge from my list, selected the Shadow feature and chose a 3.  Returning to my mat, I sized the 3 to 5" wide and copied it to make a second 3.  I selected a single 3 and flipped it vertically.  I moved the 3s around so they were touching along the top edge, and welded them together.  I cut this top-folding card from some bright pink CS in my stash.  Next, I chose the Silhouette feature and chose 3.  I sized it to 5" wide, and cut it from some American Crafts glitter cardstock in Carrot.  I layered this cut on the card front, using Scor Tape to attach it.   Finally, I dug out some matching paper flowers from my stash, layered them together on an American Crafts Pearl Brad, and attached it to the front of the card with a Glue Dot.  Finally, I stamped Happy Birthday inside, and I was done.



Pretty simple, but super cute with plenty of bling.  It took me longer to dig out matching flowers and a stamp than to make the rest of the card!

Items available from Cutters Creek:

1 comment:

  1. Love it!Thanks for sharing the How to on a Numberical card.I believe that I can do it.I'll try.Your card is very pretty!
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
    mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...