Monday, May 9, 2011

Faux Leather for a Country Girl

Today is Tutorial Tuesday over at the Cutters Creek DT Blog, and it's once again my turn to share an easy technique that looks fabulous!  I'm doing something a little different this week, and splitting my posts.  The faux leather technique is easy, but I was rather photo heavy so I am posting the actual card and details here and the tutorial on the CCDT blog.  (Be sure to head over there and check out the tutorial!)  Here is my completed card:

I'm using my faux leather center stage as a base for my cute little country girl.    Since my card is 5x7 and my embossing folder was only A2 size, I pieced two strips together, joining them behind my matted image.  Once I had the strips cut, it reminded me of a belt, so I decided to go all out and give it details like a belt.

Using my Tim Holtz design ruler and a Micron pen, I marked dots on the back of my strips every 1/2", starting at the 1/4" mark.  Using my Crop-a-dile, I punched holes at every dot and set antiqued silver eyelets in each one.  I decided to take it one step further, and I used a product called Waxy Flax to thread through the eyelets like thin leather strips.  I layered a little eyelet border underneath the bottom edge for girly factor.

The pattern paper is from my stash.  The cardstock is white core from CTMH, sanded and inked.  My matted image is popped up using foam adhesive squares.

My country girl image is Cheeky Howdy from The Greeting Farm.  I stamped her on Parchment cardstock to avoid coloring skin again, colored her lips and eyes using gel pens, and everything else using markers from CTMH.  I finished her off by blinging her cherries with Xmas Red Stickles.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I would love for you to become a follower if you're not already.  I do have a fun little blog candy giveaway comping up soon - I just picked up a fun little goody earlier today!  Now don't forget to head over to the CCDT blog if you haven't already been there.  I promise the technique is easy, and I tell you exactly what you need!

3 comments:

  1. OH HOW cute! Love the "leather" Lori! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To cute!!! I love the faux leather and I'm off to get the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea, and grommets and leather are a must!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...