Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summer Flower... Circa 1934

The new challenge over at Scrappy Frog's Challenge Blog is Summer flowers. (The challenge blog post will be up sometime later today.)  I hope you will join us!  I chose to use a crochet rolled rose that I have been obsessing over since Bonnie shared hers the other day.  Since I'm also gaga about all things vintage, I pulled a couple of sheets of Circa 1934 papers out of my hoard.



Using a pattern from the Wishes card making book, I laid out my papers.  My circle is cut with the Cricut from CS in my hoard, then sponged with Desert Sand ink and sentiment stamped in Black.  I laid down Glue Lines and adhered black buttons from my hoard - many of them are actual vintage buttons, so I thought this was a fun use of them.  A few are tied with white hemp.  Lastly, I adhered my crochet rose with Scor Tape, and some felt leaves with Liquid Glass.

Supplies used:

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty - love the paper and the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori your card is outstanding. I love all the embellishments and your rose is beautiful! Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, Lori, LORI! I seriously...adore this card SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and you made your own flower! Ah it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...