Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Looking Forward to Halloween with Our Craft Lounge stamps

For some reason, I have Halloween on the brain lately.  I do love Halloween, but even I have to admit this is getting a bit ridiculous!  I have to promise myself that this is the last Halloween project for a while - after all, school starts in less than two weeks so there are plenty of related projects there I should probably be doing...

At any rate, I just couldn't resist making a fun card with some Our Craft Lounge stamps.  The Spooky Tags set would be great for simple tags on  treat bags or homemade items (have to let the neighbors know where they came from or they'll just throw them out!).  But they also make some great scrapbook embellishments and cards - here's what I made this time:

I based my color palette on an eery sunset.  Using glossy white cardstock, I brayered on ink, moving from bottom to top of my panel.  Beginning with Sunset, followed by Spring Iris, ending with Outdoor Denim.  Next, I stamped the image, then the sentiment, over the brayered background using black Staz-on ink.

Digging through my stash of Halloween papers, I found the perfect pattern/color combination in this Heidi Grace paper.  (Not long ago, I saw they still carry some of this paper at Joann's.)  I added some machine stitching using black upholstery thread, then topped the card with some cardstock panels and popped up my image panel on some foam adhesive tape.  Finally, I colored some clear Sparkles with a black alcohol marker and added them in a swirl design.

I left the inside simple, with a cardstock liner and a stamped sentiment from the same stamp set.  All supplies other than the stamps, marker and pattern paper are from Close To My Heart.

Overall dimensions of this card are 8" x 3.5", perfect for gifting a couple of dollars to a special little someone too far away for Trick-or-Treat.  Or maybe a school store gift certificate for a favorite teacher to replenish a few supplies.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to see/hear what you like to make for Halloween, or whatever your favorite holiday is!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...