Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm Certified! (and Probably Certifiable)

 Twelve days ago, I completed the first step of a journey I never knew I wanted to take: I have completed the Standard Copic Certification!  I bought my first markers about a 18 months ago, thinking I wouldn't use them much.  I've never really enjoyed coloring stamped images much, but I have become a convert!  I plan to take the Intermediate Certification  later this year, but I want to practice more with the Standard techniques first.

I've been a little short on mojo lately, but needed to make a card for my friend's mom, and was directed to the 7 Kids Challenge Blog by another friend, so I thought I might as well use some of my new coloring skills!
I have to say that this was probably not a wise image to start with!  It's full of tiny little areas that are hard to color, so of course now it's a challenge for me.  I think I did pretty well for this being the first time I've colored this image, and I am definitely looking forward to improving my coloring abilities so I can really do this pretty Sarah Kay stamp justice!

Supplies used for this card:
  • Stamp - Finn Whistling While He Works, Sarah Kay from Stampavie
  • Papers - from my stash (discontinued Close To My Heart)
  • Cricut cartridge - Elegant Edges (frame)
  • Border Punch - Effervescence border punch, Fiskars
  • Sentiment stamp - from my stash
  • tulle, ricrac, twine, button, crochet flower, and tag - from my stash
I'm entering this in the Anything Goes challenge at 7 Kids Challenge Blog.  If you'd like to enter too, you have until 3/26!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...