Monday, December 31, 2012

I'm Smitten! January Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Happy New Year and welcome to the January stamp of the month blog hop!  If you have arrived here from Michelle Jones' blog, or if you are just starting out, you are in the right place.  When you're done here, you'll visit Dawn Ross next.

This month we are featuring Happy Valentine's, a beautiful set of 7 stamps.  But don't be fooled by the name, the sentiments in this set are also perfect for weddings, anniversaries, and more.  And the roses are great for any occasion. I chose to make a valentine for my hubby.


I cut this 6x6 card using my Cricut and the Art Philosophy cartridge.  Using the "center point" feature allowed me to position the opening in both the card base and the mat. (The pattern paper is from the Pear & Partridge paper pack.)


The image seen through the opening is on the inner mat. The images and the ribbon are colored with the CTMH Exclusive Inks alcohol markers. I colored a blue background around the roses, but left the majority of the mat white for my stamped sentiment and room to write.

All of the products used to make this card are available from Close To My Heart:
I hope you enjoyed my project today and I'd love to hear your comments!  Don't forget to hop along to Dawn Ross' blog - I'm sure she has a fabulous project for us too.

19 comments:

  1. Lovely. It reminds me of those old time framed pictures with the domed glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty! I hope he appreciates all the time and effort you put into this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so lovely. I love the blue background around the roses -- awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. I almost did my edging with blue, but ended up doing a faint grey outline on one of my images instead. I love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, absolutely beautiful! So inspiring. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is very soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love card shape and how you shadowed the image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the peek of the flowers and how you highlighted them with the blue; just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue surrounding the roses, they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow what a beautiful card, thanks for sharing...it's os beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card, Lori. thanks for sharing your inspiration, and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I just love the work you did on this BEAUTIFUL card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! You just gave me an idea that I can use with my Pear & Partridge papers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. WONDERFUL coloring...LOVE the blue hue around the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, WOW, WOW......thanks you, this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...