Sunday, January 6, 2013

Try Something New!

It's time for another challenge from Scrappy Frog's Challenge Blog!  This month, the theme is to try something new.  I think January is a great time to try something new - whether you got a new product for Christmas, or just want to spread your wings a little for the new year.

My personal challenge was some treat tubes.  I have wanted to do something with tubes for a while, but I have to admit that I have been a little intimidated & unsure what to do with them so I never bought any. But then Close To My Heart came out with this promotion for National Papercrafting Month, so the timing was right to try some. Here's how mine turned out:

What I liked about these is that they didn't come with instructions, but there were several sample pictures for inspiration.  I didn't even feel the need to copy any of them, so that was great! I even found some yummy "cherry lovers" heart shaped jelly beans to fill them.  Here are some more pictures:

The little boxes came pre-cut & scored, I just stamped on them before I put them together.

I used Liquid Glass for most of the assembly, plus Glue Dots for adhering things to the tubes, and foam tape.

The glitter paper was easy to cut with the Cricut and scissors, and I also used Glitz glitter gel for more bling.





So, I hope my project inspired you to try something new too!  Be sure to go link up your project at Scrappy Frog's so we can see what you tried. For more info on the promo kit I used to make my project, just read on...

Whooo's Your Valentine (shameless self promotion!)
In celebration of National Papercrafting Month, we’re offering a new product, available through January — our Whooo’s Your Valentine kit! This darling kit, which retails for $40, can be yours for only $10 when you spend $35 or more in Close To My Heart product. The kit includes 12 die-cut boxes, 3 cardstock sheets, 1 sheet of silver,gray, or black glitter paper, 12 treat tubes, and an exclusive D-size stamp set created specifically for the kit! Perfect for gifts and classroom projects, the Whooo’s Your Valentine kit will make Valentine’s Day a cinch!

You can see everything here on my website.  And FYI, I had a lot of paper left over from making my tubes. Can't wait to make more glittery projects with my leftovers!

If you've never shopped with CTMH before and need some ideas of what to buy for $35, there are lots of options to use with the kit and beyond. 







I used ink pads in Ruby, Hollyhock, and Blush, plus Slate for my neutral (Black would be cool also).  Other good additions are the adhesives I mentioned: Liquid Glass, Glue Dots, and 3-D Foam Tape.  

That's it for today; thanks for taking the time to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...