Sunday, June 30, 2013

Of Husbands, Hockey, and Home Decor

There are very few things that my husband truly enjoys; watching hockey is one of them.  In particular, Chicago Blackhawks hockey.  We had the unbelievable opportunity to take in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals at the United Center, so I had to commemorate it with something more permanent and awesome than a t-shirt:


I took the main photo just as the Hawks won the game, and the players were all leaving the bench for the ice.  It was a great memory to capture, along with the smaller pic of hubby basking in their win from our penthouse view.  I thought the Workshops on the Go Canvas Art Kit was the perfect way to display these pictures; they'll look great right along with our "traditional" home decor pieces.


This neat little chipboard frame I stamped is super cute, and I love the fun & trendy arrow chipboard embellishments.


More of the chipboard shapes, both stamped and as-is, make a great accent for the main photo.


This is the sample artwork from corporate, and the version shown in the instructions that come with the kit.  I'm definitely planning to get another one to document my upcoming class reunion next weekend. My school colors were blue & white with red accent, plus it's the weekend of the 4th, so these colors will be great for that version! It comes with two sheets of chipboard shapes in two different color combinations, but they're really easy to mix & match as you wish.  You'll notice that I stuck pretty close to the original layout,but you can change that around however you like too.

My favorite part about this whole thing? Of course it looks awesome, and it was totally quick and easy to put together, but what's really great is that the kits are on sale for just $19.95 July 1 through July 31! You can see the whole kit, with everything that comes in it, right here on my website. Be sure to grab a bottle of Liquid Glass and 3-D Foam Tape if you don't have any. They make attaching everything to the canvas super easy!

While you're there, make sure you check out the "Let's Get Patriotic" promotion. Celebrate military service and promote patriotism with our new patriotic stamp sets—available only until July 31, 2013. Three dollars from each B-size My Acrylix® Courage stamp set and $5 from each D-size My Acrylix® Home of the Brave stamp set will be donated to the USO, the leading, most recognized military-support and services organization in the country. Show your support with your own patriotic stamp set!

Thanks for checking out my project; I'd love to hear what you think! And don't forget to come back later for our monthly Stamp of the Month blog hop.  I really LOVE July's stamp set, and I'm sure I'll be using it a lot!

1 comment:

  1. The colors you pulled in for your canvas are completely different from anything else I've seen using this kit. I like how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...