Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Country Card - and Some Challenges

After a yucky day of feeling sick yesterday, I really needed a crafty day today!  I thought I would stick to a smaller project, so I made a card for some of my favorite challenges.


I've had this sweet watering can stamp for a while and hadn't used it yet so I pulled it out, along with the coordinating die.  I thought it would work really well with these papers for the Country Flair challenge over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges this week. I always prefer working with a sketch, and definitely didn't want make my own today, so I went with my old standby of Mojo Monday. I wasn't sure at first how this week's sketch would work for this card, but can I just say that I LOVE it?! I'm also going to join in on the Anniversary Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs; you just have to use ODBD stamps.


I used papers from the Jubilee paper pack from Close To My Heart, some woodgrain washi tape from CTMH, and a purple floral washi tape (that I think is from Love My Tapes).  I used a Spellbinders round die for my circle, sponging some Cashmere ink (CTMH) inside for added depth.






The Watering Can stamp and coordinating die are from Our Daily Bread Designs. The image is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, then die cut with the matching die. I colored the image using Copic markers. Here is a list of the colors I used:

  • E07, E08, E09 (can)
  • YG61, YG63, YG67
  • BV02, BV04, BV08
  • Y11, Y13, Y15
  • R22, R24, R27
  • YR04, YR07, YR27

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lori. Love the way you've coloured the watering can and flowers and they stand out beautifully against the yellow circle. Thanks for joining us this week in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lori, I agree with Elizabeth! What a beautiful card! I love your coloring and this wonderful watering can filled with all sorts of beautiful colors! Hope you continue to feel better and glad that you had a crafty day and joined us for this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lori, this is absolutely gorgeous!! What a beautiful card!! I just love the country flair and your beautiful colors!! Your use of the sketch and your coloring are stunning!! I hope you are feeling better!! I am so glad you were able to create and share this with us at ODBD Shining the Light this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coloring and the "countryness" of it! Thanks for linking it up to H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the watering can of flowers, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful, Lori! That watering can is such a great focal point on the card. It matches perfectly with the Jubilee papers. Thank you for submitting to our H2H challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This beauty would make anyone feel better! Love your coloring and love seeing the water can in red! Beautifully done Lori! Thanks for celebrating our anniversary at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! The details on the watering card are amazing! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...