Friday, October 17, 2014

Simple Stories and a Sketch

I'm back today with another project I had published in this month's Create magazine. This one is a fun two-page layout.


When I saw this sketch I knew right away the pictures I wanted to use, and they were just taken a week earlier! I think this is the soonest I have EVER scrapped photos, lol. I also knew just the papers, and was hoping I had enough left to make this work.

All of the paper and stickers are from Simple Stories. The Summer Fresh collection is retired, so I knew what I had left was it. I think it turned out nicely; I even used one of the circle elements for an "award ribbon" for an extra bit of journaling.  The journaling area on the left page is pretty much cut straight from a piece of patterned paper, banners and all.  I added some textured cardstock from my stash, and swiped ink (CTMH) on it to make it look similar to the denim pattern paper in the collection kit. I also used ink pads and sponge daubers (CTMH) on the edges of my papers for added dimension.

I hope you enjoy the design of this layout as much as I do. Be sure to check out the current issue of Create for yourself, and maybe submit one of your own layouts for the January issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...