Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Disney Memories

Well, I'm finally making some real progress on scrapping that Disney trip from January! Here are a couple of my favorite layouts that were completed recently.

Here's meeting Minnie, after our hour plus in line. The patterned papers and regular cardstock are from CTMH. The scalloped cardstock is Bazzil, I believe. Title is a rub-on from a Creative Imaginations swatch book, the journaling box sticker is from Reminisce, and the colored stickers are CTMH. The fun flower is made using a Clear Scraps flower, painted on back with pearl paint from CTMH. I added small rub-ons from CTMH to the front along with doodles of yellow Stickles. Added some red polka dot ribbon, and stuck an EK Success bottle cap in the middle - voila! Layout also uses black grosgrain ribbon and red eyelets.


Here are Sarah & Holly meeting Princess Aurora. I LOVED making this layout, but it was not as simple as it looks! I embossed the white bling cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Since those folders aren't very big and I only have an original Sizzix, it was pretty interesting. (Now I think I need to save my change for the Big Shot!) Luckily, the random flower design made it easier to hide the "seams" and parts I couldn't quite reach! Light Pink CS is CTMH, white and med. pink are Bazzil Bling. Darker pink is velvet paper, brand unknown (I think I picked it up at Michael's). Sewed the edges of the white bling to the page. Title is from a Cricut cartridge. All of hte paper flowers, buttons, etc. is CTMH, and I think I have one rhinestone brad from 7 Gypsies on there.

You'll notice I didn't journal on the Sleeping Beauty page. Since I'm stepping out of my box and actually doing a theme album, there were a lot of pages where journaling just wasn't neccessary. And it left me more room to add "stuff"!

Now, an additional "saving" tip: do you toss your cardstock scraps? Use them up making cards. Even if you're not a card maker, kid birthdays are the perfect opportunity for practice! They never care if they don't look perfect, and you need nothing more than a single "Happy Birthday" stamp or sticker pack. If you're not comfortable designing your own, there are plenty of books available on the subject, and PageMaps even offers card sketches now. I guess that's a future entry: cards I've made from scraps.

Until next time...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...