Monday, May 31, 2010

Dad Collage Card

It's time again for our Stamp of the Month blog hop.  This month we have over 60 Close To My Heart consultants participating, to show you so many possibilities with this stamp set!  If you've come here from Lori Leng's Pink Cloud Scrappers blog, you're on the right track.  If you're starting here, just follow the hop until you return here, and you'll have tons of great ideas!

I love to show people that you don't need to buy a lot of extra "stuff" just to make one card!  I don't have a lot of "manly" supplies around my scrap room, so I chose to use Veranda papers for my card.  And I left off embellishments completely, because this one stamp set has so much to choose from.

I love the collage feel of this stamp set!  I tend not to make collage cards because it seems like they take a lot of time - not so with this set!  Since everything is in one place and designed to go together, it's really easy to do.

First, I chose two of the simper patterns from the Veranda paper pack.  This makes it easier to use a more feminine paper pack for a masculine feeling card.  In this case, my two patterns had some small diamond shapes, which coordinate perfectly with the argyle stamp in the set.  And I chose to use the Circle Collection pattern from the Wishes book to repeat the shapes of the watch and medallion stamps in the set.

I used a lot of Emboss Resist Technique on this card, along with ink sponging.  This is a great technique for combining multiple colors in a collage style, as well as having a light image on a dark background as on my medallion piece.  I sponged the edges of my papers for definition, adhered my main pieces, and popped up the medallion piece on foam tape.

Despite the variety of designs & colors, this was a quick card to put together.  The goal was to use what I already had on hand, so don't feel like you need to replicate a card exactly when you see one you like; use what you have!

Following are the supplies I used for my card.  You can see them all in better detail on my website if you wish; just click on each link in the list below.
When you're ready to move along, just hop on over to Adeline Brill's blog to see what she has created this month.

11 comments:

  1. Great way to show the versatility of our papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's hard for me to make manly things as well...this card is very masculine and I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!! And so creative with the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the use of the Veranda paper pack with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super card. I love how it looks with Veranda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the colors and the design is fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card; I never would have thought of Veranda, but you make it look like it's a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unexpected use of Veranda for this masculine card. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card -- love the colors (they're good "guy" colors!).

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...