Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hot Rod Dad card

Here's my entry for today over at the Cutter's Creek design team blog. Make sure you visit to see all the other recent projects that have been posted!

Do you have a dad in your life who enjoys motorcycles or hot rod cars? Here's a super simple Father's Day card to get his engine revving!



First, I used the Moroccan Screen embossing folder from Cuttlebug to emboss a 4" x 5.25" piece of black cardstock. Next, I used a clear ink pad and completely coated the dry embossed cardstock. I sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat embossed the entire piece. In person, this gives a great powder-coated metal look.

For my DAD cut, I used Make The Cut software for my Cricut and a free font called Hot Rod Gang BV cut at three inches from orange CS. I moved the letters close together, and created a shadow layer at 0.05" from red CS.

I inserted matte silver brads in the corners of the black piece, then layered everything on a red A2 card base. Another quick & easy project!

The following products to create this card are available at Cutters Creek:
  • cardstock
  • clear ink pad (Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Clear)
  • Super Fine Embossing Powder 1 oz. - Clear
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Moroccan Screen
  • Make The Cut software
  • Cricut Expression

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...