Monday, May 17, 2010

Triple Play

I visited some of my favorite challenge blogs this morning, including one I just discovered. After poking around, I finally decided to combine three of the challenges into one card. It was fun, but time consuming!

  1. Mojo Monday - Love today's sketch, so it was a must to include.
  2. Heart 2 Heart Challenges - This week is a color challenge, and I happened to already be using 2 of the 3 colors for a layout, so this was in! Colors are Ocean, Topiary, and Desert Sand.
  3. A new soon-to-be favorite, Haunted Design House (all Halloween, all the time) Macabre Monday. This week's theme is Devious Doctors & Fiendish Florence Nightingales! To be honest, this is the one that took me so much time, as I hunted the 'net for just the right image.
Here's what I wound up with:
First, that image! My initial thought was a witch doctor image, but I was having trouble finding just the right one when I stumbled upon this Brain Doctor and just started giggling. There is actually a sentiment on the original image, but I decided to remove it since it didn't work for what I was doing. Chris Boyd, the designer, has a great blog and website full of characters. Images are all copyrighted, folks, so these are personal use only unless you want to talk to him about buying a license... and no, I have no affiliation; never even heard of him before today. But he draws lots of cool zombies and other characters.

Supplies used are all Close To My Heart, unless otherwise noted.
  • Textured cardstock in Ocean and Topiary
  • Cardstock in Desert Sand and white
  • Stamp pads in Ocean, Topiary, Desert Sand, Tulip, and Grey Wool (used those last 2 together on the brain)
  • Ocean Organdy Ribbon (discontinued)
  • natural hemp
  • Sans Alphabet stamp set
  • Noted backgrounds stamp set
  • water brush
  • buttons from my stash
  • Cricut with Design Studio to make the shaped element (Provo Craft)
Hope you enjoyed my little bit of insanity for today! you can shop for any of the CTMH items right on my website at https://loribrown.myctmh.com/

12 comments:

  1. How cute is that little man (if a scientist dragging a brain could be cute...lol). Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card totally rocks- love the creepy doctor!! Great selection of paper and wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a "dead" ringer for one of the techs who gave me all the CT scans last week! hehe

    Great card, welcome to the HDH fun-ness! Linda aka Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightfully demented doctor, Lisa! Perfect for this challenge :) I'll definitely have to check out that site. Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that image and what you did with him :P I must check out that site :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS card! Love the image, good find and perfect for MM. I am glad you found us, looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image is just TOO FUNNY! Sure to cheer a sick person up! Also love the colors! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very unusual image but it works! thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha love that he's holding a knife ánd dragging teh brain. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...