Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Use Lace Challenge from Scrappy Frog's

I'm a few days late posting this to my blog - getting back into school schedule mode has been a little rougher than anticipated! This month's challenge at Scrappy Frog's Challenge Blog is to use lace.  I used some crocheted lace, and did a little something different with it.  Here's my entire layout:


There are so many style option with the Happy Days collection from Echo Park Paper, it seems like I can just keep making things that look "new"!  The fun retro patterns and bright colors go great with all of those "little kid" pictures I'm trying to catch up on.  This is my almost 11yo daughter, about 9 years ago, beginning her art "career".  (She is becoming a pretty accomplished cartoonist, so I'm very glad to have captured this!)  For a girly feel, I grabbed the small flower print paper from the collection, and add the mini polka dots and just a bit of the stripe.  Sticking with the retro feel, I cut my title with my Cricut from the Nifty Fifties cartridge and added some of the mini alpha stickers from the collection.
I wanted to add a journaling block to my layout, but the flower ones in the collection weren't colors I wanted to use, so I picked the one with the big green car on it and just used embellishments to cover up the car.


I used some of the flower stickers in the collection, along with some flowers cut with the Cricut and a flower made with gathered crochet lace.  I just threaded some bakers twine through the holes in the lace and pulled it until I could gather it into a loose circle.  I threaded the leftover twine through a button and tied it into a bow, and used that for my flower center.  The sentiment at the top of the journaling card is stamped, and the rest is stickers from the collection.

Items available at Cutters Creek:
Items available from Close To My Heart:
Other:
  • Bazzil cardstock in Dragonfly
  • brads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...