Thursday, March 7, 2013

Favor Boxes with Graphic 45 and Cricut

With three school-age kids, and involvement in several volunteer organizations, some of my favorite things to make are treat bags and favor boxes.  Luckily, there are a ton of them available on Cricut cartridges and as SVGs and PDFs for cutting. And you can make the same box in multiple styles just by changing the papers and embellishments.

For today's projects, I used Graphic 45 papers with a Cricut cartridge to make an elegant more "grown up" gift as well as a more fun Easter box suitable for a girl of any age. Change the papers & embellishments again, and you can make the same box into a masculine gift. I chose this particular box, because one of my favorite treats, especially for the grownups, are Ghiradelli chocolate squares.  The ones out now for Easter have a cute bunny on them, so I had to show him off!



The first box uses papers from The Olde Curiosity Shoppe.






For a simple but elegant touch, I tied some black mesh ribbon around the box lid and add a Kaiser Craft flower to the center.



The frame is cut from American Crafts glitter cardstock. By the way, did you know that you can cut a frame using ANY shape on a Cricut cartridge?!  This box had a window in the top, and I found a matching shape on the same cartridge.  Just measure the approximate size of the window so you know what size to make the inner cut of the frame.  I needed my inner frame to be about 1.75", and I wanted the outer frame to be about 2".  So I moved my cutting blade in to about 1.5" in both directions on the mat to give myself a little extra room and hit the "Center Point" button.  Setting the size to 1.75", I cut the shape once.  Then I reset the size to 2" and cut the shape again.  Frame done! (Be sure to remember to turn off the Center Point  button when you are done.)

The second box uses paper from Once Upon a Springtime, which you may not find as readily available.  You will find similar colors and beautiful patterns in the Secret Garden papers.


For this box, I used the leftover negative cuts from my box lid and frame to make a plaque for the front of the box. I used a Studio G stamp from my stash and some Vintage Photo distress ink to stamp the "chocolate" bunny.  I also sponged on distress ink in Peeled Paint on all the edges of the box and lid.





For a more girly feel, I used Pow Glitter Paper instead of the Glitter Cardstock, because the glitter is finer.  I also added flowers and pearls.  The pink flower in the center is a Prima, the others were "built" from flowers and brads in my stash.  I added Stickles to the flowers as well.

Items used:

Thanks for stopping by today! I'd love to hear what you think of my project.

4 comments:

  1. I love the way your favor boxes came out. Very nice and elegant. Gread job!!

    papercrafting4you@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, tell more in detail..
    It agree, a useful piece
    And where at you logic?
    I consider, that you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.
    I firmly convinced, that you are not right. Time will show.

    [url=http://www.mvpmichaelkorsoutlet2.sitew.us/#Page_1.A][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
    [url=http://mvpmichaelkors2.eklablog.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
    [url=http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/13780876-michael-kors-bag-handbags][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
    [url=http://mvpmichaelkors0.bloggproffs.se/2013/01/10/the-top-5-must-have-designer-handbag-labels/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
    [url=http://shenenmaoyiqwe.tripod.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time I read а blog, Hοpefully
    it ωon't disappoint me just as much as this particular one. After all, Yes, it was my choice to read through, but I truly believed you would have something useful to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of moaning about something you could possibly fix if you weren't too busy ѕeаrсhіng for attention.


    Here is my webpage; ephedrine weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  4. vetement louis vuitton pas cher [url=http://www.lvspeedy.fr]Louis Vuitton Soldes[/url] gbhnlz louis vuitton pas cher homme [url=http://www.lvsacnew.fr]louis vuitton pas cher homme[/url] qqdqbn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...