Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Sunshine - stamp of the month blog hop

Hello and welcome to the April stamp of the month blog hop! If you've arrived here from Jill Lucas' ScrapWench blog, or if you're just starting out, you are in the right place!  When you're done here, we'll head over to Allisa Chilton's Rocky Mountain Paper Crafts and see what she has for us this month.
This month we have a fun set of 8 stamps, My Sunshine, guaranteed to put you in a happy mood! I have a lot of ideas for this set, but I thought it was just calling out to be used on a scrapbook layout so that's what I did first.  Be sure to check back later in the month for a card idea (and hopefully more if I find time to play!).


I used Claire papers with a Kraft cardstock base and a sheet of Colonial White CS for all of my accents. (Click the photo to see it larger.)

 
Many of the stamps coordinate with the Artiste Cricut cartridge, and this fun sunshine was made with two of them. Cutting one Cricut shape gets both parts, cut separately, so I popped up the center on 3-D foam tape.  I used Sunset and Blush ink on both parts.  On the same page of the Cricut manual is this cute cloud shape, so I cut it in several sizes (from 1" - 2") in Colonial White. I flipped some so they weren't all going the same direction, and I lightly sponged Outdoor Denim ink on the bottom only for a little extra dimension.  I stamped the title in Sunset ink, cut out the letters, and sponged around the edges with Blush ink


This fun saying from Bob Marley was a perfect fit for my photos! Notice how I popped up some of the cloud shapes as well as the sun center.


I also made sure to pull the clouds down into the photo area, and up and out off the edges of my pages, trimming the excess. I think this makes the whole thing feel much more like a realistic scene rather than having everything in one little area.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today! I hope you liked my project, and I would love to hear what you think of it. Now let's head over to Rocky Mountain Paper Crafts and see what other great ideas we can get!

6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...