Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Always & Forever

I finally broke out my Year Noted kit this week - it's the National Papercrafting Month special from Close To My Heart - and I had a lot of fun for only $5! Rather than order the mini album, I chose to use my kit for traditional scrapbooking.

Portraits copyright Apartment C Photography, Springfield, IL - see end of post for details

I still have plenty of paper left for a second two-page layout, but I'm a bit under the weather so I haven't gotten to it yet.  For this layout I also used This Moment, the January Stamp of the Month, some scraps of White Daisy and Desert Sand cardstock, and some discontinued gold polka dot washi tape. I based the layout on a pattern from the Magic how-to book, changing things up a little bit.


For this large plaque, I cut this shape from the Art Phiolosophy Cricut cartridge at 4" and the title from Artbooking at 15". I stamped one of the little "gumdrop" banner shapes from the Year Noted stamp set at each end. I sponged the edges with Desert Sand ink.


Here's a closeup of one of my banner sections.  In the original pattern, they called for stacked rectangles here. I turned them into banners for a fun updated look, and popped up my washi tape-covered cardstock with some 3-D Foam Tape. I added a stamped banner using the This Moment stamp of the month set and Smoothie ink. I sponged the edges of the banners with coordinating inks.


These are all stamped using the This Moment set, and I added a gold foil heart from the Year Noted kit. I used stamp pads in Smoothie, Glacier, and Desert Sand.


For the journaling area, I used stamps from the Year Noted kit to add a bordered edge and date stamp. More ink sponged edges on all of my papers.


Finally, I added a string of gold foil hearts that were in the Year Noted kit. I could not be happier with how this layout turned out, and I'm really looking forward to making the second one!

There are only a few days left to get this kit, so if you haven't ordered yours yet (or if you need another one!), be sure to do it before the end of the month.  Here are all the details:

During the month of January, with a qualifying purchase of $50, you are eligible to purchase the exclusive Year >> Noted paper kit (which has a retail value of over $24 USD / $27 CAD) for only $5—that’s over 80% off retail! Or, for an additional $5, you can order the Year >> Noted paper kit with an accompanying My Creations™ kraft mini book. The paper kit for both options includes a C-size stamp set, stickers, cardstocks, and B&T Duos™ papers, all specially designed to coordinate with the My Creations™ kraft mini book so you can have a yearlong scrapbooking experience. This means you will receive over $34 USD / $37 CAD worth of product for only $10 if you purchase the kit with the accompanying mini book! But the fun doesn’t end there—included on the sticker sheet, you will find a large golden seal. Once the year is done and all the pages are filled, seal up your book and create a mini time capsule that you can open years from now. Remember, this deal is only available for January, so make sure to get your own Year >> Noted paper kit today for the perfect start to a crafty year!

Photography details: Portraits used my layout were taken by Apartment C Photography in Springfield, IL. You can find their website here, and their Facebook page here.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I nearly used this sketch the other day when trying to figure out what my second Heartstrings layout would be. I thought that title bracket would be perfect with this sketch. Alas, I found a different sketch in Reflections. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...